Foundation


The Fleming-Wyfold Art Foundation

Education

Leaving a Legacy

The Fleming-Wyfold Art Foundation

The Fleming-Wyfold Art Foundation owes its existence to the formation of the finest collection of Scottish art outside public institutions, comprising over 600 works from the seventeenth century to the present day. The Collection dates back to 1968 when investment bank Robert Fleming & Co, which had been founded by Dundonian, Robert Fleming, in 1873, began to acquire Scottish art to hang in its offices worldwide.  Following the sale of the bank in 2000, the Collection was vested, under the guidance of the family, in the Fleming-Wyfold Art Foundation. The Wyfold name was adjoined to commemorate the life of the last Lord Wyfold, a grandson of Robert Fleming.

 

The Dunara Castle at Iona, F.C.B. Cadell, c. 1929, oil on millboard

Today, the Fleming-Wyfold Art Foundation is endowed to care and enhance the Collection and to promote an understanding and awareness of Scottish art and creativity largely outside Scotland through a programme of cultural diplomacy, exhibitions, individual loans, events, publishing and education.

The Foundation is a registered charity in England and Wales (No.1080197). Company Ltd by Guarantee (No. 03965285).

See also